1. i found a store that carries arizona lemon iced tea. i'm now this much more content in the world.
2. i'm at ritchie bros for this month. i don't think i've remembered to mention that yet. not that i've been posting. but it's fun. i'm paid to drive around, listen to music, go shopping with company money, and do the picky errands that everyone else is too busy to do. i'm enjoying it. but it's only for 2 more weeks. a part of me is sad about that, but the other part of me keeps reminding me that i didn't go to school for 10 years in order to work at the place that i've been working at for 15 years. and much as i love the people around here, this isn't quite the industry and environment i've been dying to work in.
3. fortunately, with looming unemployment, i've had my student loan for september approved. last one . . . for now!
4. i'm set to leave canada (again) january 9. after british airways giving me a bit of a runaround when i tried to reschedule my ticket, one nice guy wrangled it so that (a) i could change the itinerary just a little and have a week's layover in london, and (b) i won't have to pay the cost associated with changing dates or itineraries. unfortunately i may or may not be allowed a book on the plane, after what happened last night. huzzah for nondescriptive news reporting!
5. drama drama drama drama drama
6. this and this has completely astounded me. as much trepidation as i had relinquishing my job to my successors, i never ever expected something like this. but i'm leaving the juicy discussion and debate for those sites and elsewhere. all the info (however little there is) is up there already. i've talked about it enough, i don't want to write about it here.
7. i don't think i have enough hours in august to do everything that i have to do. the things i only wanted to do are being scratched off the list pretty regularly, too.
8. is it wrong to feel ownership of a place that really you have no right to? so much so that discovering that it's still hidden from those you don't approve of is a relief, if not a gleeful joy?
9. karl checked out my work last night because i was a moron who left her laptop at work when i had deadlines this morning. someone from the real world has now officially seen ritchie's and been inside the building. i don't think i've ever had a friend at ritchie's with me before. it's kinda strange.
10. jo's right, i'm a 15-year-old with a crush. i just happen to be a little older than that. i think, though, that i'm just enjoying playing the role at this point, and that's it. cuz it's the "got nothing better to do to make my day exciting" month.
11. for the first time, i'm wondering if stefan's insistance on having a crappy job to just get through the day isn't all that bad an idea. but in the end i think it's laziness to think that, because everything it crosses my mind, there's still a part of me that feels strangled.
12. safeway's open. time to get donuts. arguably the most important errand of the week. no, seriously. s'a strange place to be working....