and the easiest way to catch up is with lists! so:
1. school's done. one class left, and then i have a bunch of degrees. that's fun. whether they'll get me a job is a different story.
2. work's done. that's a relief. i'll miss some people, i'll miss parts of the job, but i'm looking forward to something new.
3. because it seemed like a good idea (and financially viable) i was going to take a few weeks to a month off from trying to find a new job, so that i could work on all the projects and ideas i always want to do, but never have time to do. my list is still incomplete, but it's going. i was excited about it. i still am excited about it.
4. then, day one of "sarah time", we found out that two people are leaving our house within the next two months, and given the current frustrations with the landlord and everything feeling as though it's up in the air, all of us are pretty much figuring we're going to leave soon. thought it wouldn't be until august. but maybe now it's sooner. but it makes not working suddenly seem like not the best idea.
Insert A: so i'm totally open to odd jobs for occasional lumps of money right now. seriously. got something you need help with? hear of something? please let me know! i still don't want to commit to anything on a long-term basis right now, but i do like to eat.
5. so karl and i checked out a place yesterday. we haven't really spoken about it with the other housemates (who are staying) yet because we don't even know how serious we are about it. but. it's beaYOUtiful. hard wood floors, gas stove, big spacious rooms, lots of light, pink palace, patios, friendly people living in other units in the house, gardens, cats, i'm quite smitten. but it's more than i pay here (no surprise), and we'd need another person to live with us -- maybe a couple.
Insert B: know of anyone(s) looking for a place near commercial station for june 1? please let karl or me know. we've got certain criteria figured out already, but the big ones are standards of cleanliness akin to ours, must like cats, and won't play country music (unless it's cheesy stuff). this is, of course, contingent on the pink palace landlord telling us that we're welcome to live there in the first place.
6. that said, i kinda wonder if i shouldn't be finding a new set of flatmates to move in with, and just take an open room, rather than karl and i trying to move out together. not that i don't want to live with him. but the whole "expand your social sphere by living with new folks" is an option.
7. i found my clarinet. it was free. accessories were less than $10. lessons start today. as usual, they'll be the "teach yourself backwards" kind, sorta like my old guitar lessons.
8. starlight mints are playing here next saturday night. unfortunately i already said i'd go to victoria with my mom that weekend. i'm sad. very sad. you: go see them in my place, and enjoy them as much as i would. i may give you money for you to buy me a t-shirt, as my old one's getting stretched out of shape. alternatively, who's up to driving to seattle with me to see them there on friday night? if you have a car, that's a nice touch...!
9. i'm getting labelled way too much lately. i don't like it. unfortunately, in reaction to this, i'm coming across as a bit of a jerk. call me on it.
10. yesterday, after getting my clarinet, i ended up wandering around the west end of broadway. with no purpose. things came to me, i found cool things, including yet another chet atkins record (i've decided that i will grab every one i find. there's no reason for this. there's no value to this. but i'm going to do it. if you have any donations, please let me know!), i found some snazzy tea, and i realised that i'm not used to doing this in vancouver -- wandering aimlessly. i need to do this more often.
11. so now, even though i have nothing going, i'm still busy. and i still have to schedule. apparently i can't stand not being busy.
despite some fear, i'm still going to have a few sarah!weeks. if only because i'm hoping to go to the NCRC the first week of june, and don't want to get a job only to ask for a week off first thing. so it's odd jobs until then! and, i think we're moving soon -- farewell, honey house! -- but i'm excited about that prospect, even though it means paying more. the thought of living somewhere a little quieter makes me happy for me and for solomon. and, pay attention, five years from now i will be a clarinet VIRTUOSO! but i'll still put you on the guest list at my shows if you ask me nicely. cuz i'm cool like that. and quit it with the labelling, please? i'm having enough trouble sorting out my own shit right now, i don't need you to tell me who i am. and, chris, you can think i'm yours. you're wrong. but i grant you the chance to pretend that it's true.* and, let's get a car and go see starlight mints!
nice long catch-up, huh?
* and if i allowed smiley-faces in posts, i'd put one there. too bad!