Thursday, April 01, 2004

starlight mints/dressy bessy/deathray davies/architecture in helsinki show:
good music, good performances. miserable borders though - stopped DD from getting to vancouver, delayed AiH by a few hours, made most everyone performing a little tired and grumpy, which meant no encores or anything like that. also, due to the delay, the already somewhat disappointing crowd thinned out before starlight mints even finished. monday night show, people need to sleep and catch the last bus, i suppose. still, it's a shame, because they were good. despite the power cutting out on them halfway through the first song.

poor bands. they didn't have a good day.

3:30am and i still haven't started the paper due later today. i wanted to finish it in time to go to the (last) drawing cartel getogether (seeing as i've only made it to one this semester), but don't think that'll happen. oh well.

paper due tomorrow, another friday (hopefully), one monday, one wednesday, one thursday, one a week wednesday, FINISHED! oh, and of course i haven't started any of them.

until then i'll be a wreck. my own fault, oh well.

so in a last-ditch effort at procrastination before getting something written before stealing a couple hours sleep, a survey c/o jessica:

THREE THINGS THAT SCARE ME
1 - needles
2 - drugs/medicine
3 - paper deadlines
THREE THINGS I DON'T UNDERSTAND
1 - the eternal popularity of bad music
2 - why the least-qualified people always seem to end up in charge
3 - the stock market
THREE THINGS I'D LIKE TO LEARN
1 - how not to procrastinate
2 - what my passions are
3 - full contact improv dance
THREE THINGS I AM WEARING RIGHT NOW
1 - towel wrapped around my head
2 - army print pj's
3 - handmedown sweaterjacket from julie's grandma
THREE THINGS ON MY DESK
1 - half a twix
2 - too many photos
3 - grave-marker for an R. Scholz (german soldier) stolen from berlin
THREE THINGS I WANT TO DO BEFORE I DIE
1 - go to cuba
2 - see the Budvar Bar music video
3 - figure shit out
THREE WAYS TO DESCRIBE MY PERSONALITY
1 - confused
2 - generally ambivalent
3 - curious
THREE BAD THINGS ABOUT MY PERSONALITY
1 - ambivalence
2 - lacking in passion
3 - bursts of laziness
THREE PARTS OF MY HERITAGE
1 - german
2 - not mongolian
3 - oh yeah. irish.
THREE THINGS I LIKE ABOUT MY BODY
1 - left hip bone
2 - the scars on my knee
3 - ...lips?
THREE THINGS I DON'T LIKE ABOUT MY BODY
1 - the fact that one knee still doesn't bend properly
2 - the fact that one vertebrae pops whenever i lift one leg, due to the fact that i started using my body differently after i hurt that knee. but apparently i can fix that, so says Physio Lady. hurrah!
3 - the fact that it doesn't like to sleep in, no matter how tired i am or what time i go to bed.
THREE THINGS I SAY THE MOST
1 - anyways
2 - how are you?
3 - sho shexshy
THREE PLACES I WANT TO GO
1 - cuba
2 - morocco
3 - thataway
THREE NAMES THAT I GO BY
1 - chat-rat
2 - sarah
3 - [not one for nick-names, really]

No comments: